Tuesday 1 April 2014

How do I run Armitage on Kali Linux?

How do I run Armitage on Kali Linux?

Armitage is not distributed with Kali Linux. It is in the Kali Linux repository though. To install it, type:
apt-get install armitage

2. I get a database error on Kali Linux. How do I fix it?

Make sure the database is running. Use:
service postgresql start
Next, you may need to ask Kali to recreate the Metasploit framework database:
service metasploit start 
service metasploit stop
Sometimes you need to do the above after an msfupdate as well.

3. Sometimes Armitage's menus stick (or I see graphic glitches)--how do I fix this?

Kali Linux comes with Java 1.6 and 1.7 pre-installed. Unfortunately, it defaults to Java 1.6 which has a few issues. You'll need to tell Kali Linux to use Java 1.7 by default. Here's how:
32-bit Kali Linux:
update-java-alternatives --jre -s java-1.7.0-openjdk-i386
64-bit Kali Linx:
update-java-alternatives --jre -s java-1.7.0-openjdk-amd64

No comments:

Post a Comment